A common procedure in general dentistry, suitable for those patients with moderate tooth decay. Our white filling treatments will resolve your dental problems, with minimum level of discomfort, while maintaining the natural look of your teeth. The fillings used in this procedure will look very much the same colour as your teeth, and will bond to the rest of your tooth. Many of our patients continue to be surprised of how quick the procedure is performed, and as it requires only one visit to the clinic, the costs are also reduced.
Causes Of Tooth Decay
The bacteria found normally in our mouths breakdown the food we eat to produce acids, which overtime damage the outer layer of our teeth and cause tooth decay. If neglected, this can lead to serious health concerns and thus, you are highly advised to seek medical advice.
How To Prevent Tooth Decay
Flossing and brushing for at least twice a day, and following a diet with limited dietary sugar intake can largely prevent tooth decay. You are also highly advised to avoid drinking fizzy drinks that normally contain high level of sugar. If you are more likely to develop tooth decay and are at high risk, then you are also advised to use fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash to reduce the risk of tooth decay development.
Silver Fillings Vs. White Fillings
- White fillings bond more effectively to tooth tissue
- Improved appearance as a result of natural look of white fillings
- Further protects the remaining of the tooth tissue against further fracture.
- Longer lifespan of silver fillings due to stronger structure
- Some questions have been raised as to the safety of the silver fillings due to use of mercury, which has not been scientifically proved.